The Ten Commandments is the governing body of law in the Jewish philosophy apart from Halacha, it governs what a Jew should act like. They were handed from G-d, to Moses, to the Jewish people on Mount Sinai. They are;
- I am the Lord your G-d who has taken you out of the land of Egypt.
- You shall have no other gods but me.
- You shall not take the name of the Lord your G-d in vain.
- You shall remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
- Honor your mother and father.
- You shall not murder.
- You shall not commit adultery.
- You shall not steal.
- You shall not bear false witness.
- You shall not covet anything that belongs to your neighbor.
The Ten Commandments that G-d gave to Moses were kept in the Ark of the Covenant untill it vansihed after the Babylonians attacked Isreal.